Friday, June 24, 2011

My Daddy Loves Me!

Last Sunday during Father's Day breakfast, my dad asked us if we ever watched that Extreme Couponing show. I laughed because he's unaware of my couponing escapades. I told him how I'm very much into using coupons, though not quite to the extreme that the people on the show do. This spawned a long conversation about how I get my deals, and how I get my coupons. I told him how I'll buy extra Sunday papers, and that often my friends and I enjoy hitting up the local recycling dumpsters and scavenge for coupons, despite the fact that it is illegal and we really shouldn't be doing it. However, knowing that so many coupons are going to waste that we could use makes us crazy. After our conversation my dad said he'd be sure to save me the inserts he gets in the mail. Over the last two days he dropped by my house to give me these:


When he went to the post office to get his mail, he went through the trash and took whatever inserts he could find. Great idea, huh? I was so excited to get all of these inserts, and hope he keeps them coming. He's very big into making and saving money, and I think he's proud of my efforts. He's even trying to come up with ideas as to how I can better use coupons to my advantage, so I guess we'll see what he comes up with in the future.

Now, I'm off to start my clipping!

1 comment:

  1. That is too cool! I wouldn't even think to do that. I wonder if they would just give you any extras at the post office if you asked for them.

    Ashley H.

    ReplyDelete