Saturday, June 18, 2011

Yard Sale Prep

Today was quite a productive day in my household. We're preparing to have a yard sale next week. Usually, I'm not one to put too much planning into my yard sales. I'm the type to throw junk into boxes and price it the day I set it out. However, I'm reading more and more that you make a better profit if you prepare for it. So, over the last month we've collected and sorted items that we plan to sell. I've got some quality goods this year! Everything from a TV to Vera Bradley bags. Today we went through and found more things to sell, cleaned up and priced most of the items. I made some signage on the computer so we can make directional signs to our sale, as well as a "menu" for the little snack bar that Sage (my 6-year-old daughter) is excited to operate, and some signs for the groupings of items like books and toys. I also sent in my ad to the local paper. All that's left now is to make the refreshments, hang up the signs around town, place a few online ads, and set up the sale. I'm thinking this one could be very profitable.
Sage helped me make the signs. Think it'll catch everyone's attention?


On another note, in addition to the yard sale preparation, I finally packed up all the donations from my local Coupon Queens group for the Hip2Help Benefit Tour. Originally I planned to send everything in a flat rate box, but my coupon gals were so gracious with their donations that I would have had to use multiple boxes and it would cost me a fortune. When we were scouring the attic for things for the yard sale, I came across a box big enough for everything and so I'll just have to mail it all parcel post. I'm so proud of these ladies for donating so much great stuff from their stock piles. It's all going to help tornado victims in the south. Hip2Save.com is one of my favorite resources for finding coupons and great deals. It's helped me so much with my saving and so I was happy to hear about their charitable efforts and couldn't wait to help out. Here's a glimpse at all the great donations my friends helped provide...


I think this is my favorite thing about using coupons. I'm a firm believer in doing good deeds because what goes around comes around. While my family is on a tight budget, we're still able to give to others. Imagine what you can do!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Sharon! I am glad to see you buying lots of goods for nothing and then donating. It is a great thing. As for garage sale, make sure you put up on Craig's List...it is free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have it all planned out! Great job! I think it is wonderful that you are sending so many wonderful items to those in need. It is always important to give when we can. Some day we may be the ones asking for a helping hand!

    ReplyDelete